May 3, 2011

Love, Mom

Dear Julie,

I am so proud of the young woman you are becoming.  You are smart and beautiful but more importantly you are a truly kind and caring person.  It is encouraging to see your love for the Lord and I pray you will always follow the path He lays before you, (wherever that path leads).
Things haven't always been easy for you.  I believe you will be a stronger person for having been through some of these things.  You have a kindness and compassion that can't be taught.  You need to make sure you don't allow that kindness to let people take advantage of you.
You have accomplished so many things already and have such high aspirations.  Just remember that you don't have to prove anything to anyone but yourself.
I hope you know that you can always talk to me about anything.  You will always have a home to run to when the world gets too cold.  And you will always have people who love you no matter how badly you screw up.
Keep your chin up and your eyes on the road.  Don't try too hard to be perfect!  find what makes you happy and grab hold of it with both hands.  And always remember how much I love you!

Love,
   Mom

This was part of our Girls' Retreat a few years ago.  It still speaks to me.  My mother is my best friend.  It's just weird that she signed it 'Mom'.  I call her Mama.  Or Mumsy.  Whichever suits me at the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment