May 2, 2011

Love Walks Softly

Each moment together is but a breath. Each moment apart is eternity. In your arms, my heart beats with twice its strength. In your absence, my heart strains with each pulse... te echo de menos, mi amante, mi alma gemela, mi eternidad

I wrote this at 18.  I was completely out of my brain at the time.  In love with the idea of love.  I'm actually fairly impressed with myself for writing something so poetic.

But somehow, I think the poetry of love itself is something less flowery.  Not so showy.  Not nearly as dramatic.

Because love is loud.  And quiet at the same time.  It calls attention to itself.  And it walks softly in the background.

My understanding of love is still evolving.  And every sunrise I find it to be more beautiful than I'd thought it to be the last sunset.

No comments:

Post a Comment