April 30, 2011

Not My Time

It is not my time to shine.  It is not my turn to stand in front.  It is not my moment to call attention to myself.  This is my time to build.  My time find myself. My time to become.  Who I'm meant to be.  Who I want to be.  Not just to know who she is, but to become who she is.

It is not my time to shine, but I will.  It is not my turn to stand in front, though I may some day.  Now is not the moment to draw everyone's eyes to myself. But that moment may come.

This chapter doesn't involve school.  It doesn't have a place for a Prince Charming.  It's not glamorous.  In any way.  This chapter will reveal much about who I am.  It will take me to a place where I will glimpse who I was intended to be.  And should I accept the challenge, my next chapter begins the transformation.

Humility.  Surrender.  Responsibility.  I have so many lessons to learn.  I have so much work to do.

It is not my time to shine, but I'll be brilliant some day.  It is not my turn to stand in front, and maybe that's not my place.  Now is not my moment to call attention to myself, but I hope to call attention to the God Who works in me.

It is not my time to shine.  But when that day comes, I'll be ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment