Friday, February 13th
4:45 p.m.
4:45 p.m.
I'm here at the Bridgeway, following through on my promise to myself to journal every step of this journey. I never thought I would be here. For some reason, I was prideful, believing I was too good, above this, I suppose. I have to remind myself not to play the comparison game, not to judge people based on their appearance, on their intelligence, or on some other shallow criteria, but rather upon their intrinsic value as a human being created in the image of God.
At first, the thought of coming here was upsetting, but I have a sense of peace about it all. I know that God is good and He has a plan that is bigger than me.
I've been contemplating lately why God would put me through something like this. There are so many possibilities, but here are the ones I really took to.
At first, the thought of coming here was upsetting, but I have a sense of peace about it all. I know that God is good and He has a plan that is bigger than me.
I've been contemplating lately why God would put me through something like this. There are so many possibilities, but here are the ones I really took to.
- He may be teaching me to lean on Him in my infirmity.
- Then again, He may be giving me an experience that I will be able to take and help others with.
- He also may use this trial to show the world His glory through my faith in Him despite my troubles.
- I think that maybe this is additionally a lesson in trust: trusting in His judgment, trusting His goodness, trusting Him completely.
Friday, February 13th
6:44 p.m.
6:44 p.m.
I'm a bit suspicious about the methodology of this place. There is a lot of time spent doing absolutely nothing. I shared my concerns with Gwen, a fellow patient, and she said she had been disappointed in the lack of one-on-one counseling. So, I'm not sure how they expect us to just fix ourselves, but I'll give it a fair chance. It's likely I'll be here 5 days.
No comments:
Post a Comment