February 22, 2009

Bridgeway: Day 6

Wednesday, February 18
12:10 p.m.
So, I've been doing a whole lot of sleeping lately and not a lot of journaling. I'll catch you up and try to be more consistent with my writing from now on. Oh! group time... to be continued.
Wednesday, February 18
2:06 p.m.
In groups today, we talked about the difference in self-esteem and unconditional self-acceptance. Our therapist pointed out that we're all equal to 1. Not 1/2. Not 1 1/2. We're all worth 1. And suicide is like saying 1=0. Kinda profound, huh?
Anyway. the conversation went on to include how we perceive ourselves. People often create labels based on action. If we're not careful, we will confuse who we are with what we do or have. For example, I am not bipolar; I am a human being who has bipolar disorder.
I am not a failure.
I am a perfectly valuable human being.
I am lovable.
I am a precious soul created in the image of God; because I exist, I have worth.
I am not a failure.
I am a beautiful creature who is loved by the most high God.
I deserve to be loved.
I was designed to be just as I am.
I was designed to be me.
I am not a failure.

No comments:

Post a Comment