I was completely caught off guard when I heard from Margaret, a girl who had been a year ahead of me at the math and science school. She sent me the most beautiful message and I thought I'd share it with you guys.
Hi Julie, it's been a while since I've talked to you.I was wondering if I ever told you how much I admire you. It seems like I may have never actually told you, and I figured maybe I should. When I'm having a bad day, I don't mind a compliment. I'm not entirely sure, but you seem to be having a rough time as of late. Maybe I can make you smile.
You are quite possibly the most beautiful, kind, amazing person I have ever met. You're open and friendly to everyone, even people like me who probably don't deserve it, or certainly didn't when I last saw you.
You have a voice like an angel, and you make everyone around you feel happier and better just because you are there.
At the begining of last school year, I was insanely jealous of the beautiful junior who breezed through the doors and charmed everyone with her bright smile and warm, wonderful personality. My kind of jealousy couldn't stand, though, because I tend to dislike those I'm jealous of, and there was no way to dislike you. :) I was probably a total and complete jerk to you, but you just smiled and were kind. Even I, who was called ice-queen several times that semester, thawed out and smiled around you.
Recently, I've been making some big changes in my life. I've been looking around to see what kind of woman I want to become. At one point when I was looking for inspiration, I came across your Facebook profile. I was instantly in the memory of this wonderful woman with pretty curls and that beautiful personality. I remembered the night I hung out in your room and tried on everything in your closet with Dani running in and out. I remembered random conversations in the halls about our mutual love of big, flowy skirts and the laugh you made when I commented on your "hooah!" army shirt.
Among conversations of our favorite people to have met at ASMSA, my friends and I always manage to mention you. I'm not sure how many of them really sat down and talked to you, or if they were very close, but I have never heard a single un-complimentary thing about you. I don't know how you are, but I always am interested in the impression I leave people. The one you left was honestly one of the best I've ever seen among everyone.
I don't know if you needed or wanted to know any of this. I just feel that it's a good thing to remind people of how amazing they are. I once heard that a good way to become a happier person is to give three compliments a day. Even if it's something as simple as "Wow, I love your hair!" or "That's a beautiful shirt. The color really makes your eyes pop." (I think I got it out of a Seventeen Magazine or something like that).So now, I try to do that. I try to make other people smile when I can, because that goodness is kinda like Kharma. It comes back, somehow. So, I'm giving some goodness to you.
You are an amazing, beautiful person, inside and out. You are talented and kind and bring happiness, fun and joy with you where ever you go. Your laugh is infectious, and your smile is a cure for whatever ailments a person might be having.
You're the kind of person who has the world at their feet and endless possiblities. I would love to see where you go with them.
I just thought you should know that. I hope you can smile at something, even if it's just making fun of one of your really crazy seniors. :P
Have a *great* day, Julie. You deserve it. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment