March 6, 2009

Whims and Fancies

If you haven't noticed, every time I post, I add another phrase to my "I will..." section. I desperately needed some inspiration for today's post, so I flipped to the next phrase I had planned. Lo and behold, an idea came to me. It said I will be excited about my life. Now I thought, "how am I supposed to do that?"

With all the monotony and routines of day-to-day life, it's easy to become bored and kind of like whatever about your life. There are a few things that I think contribute to being excited about your life. First of all, you have to like yourself. My last post covered that topic quite nicely. Second, you must have your spiritual life in order. You'll never find peace, much less excitement in a life that has no meaning to you. Third, it is necessary to go beyond yourself, to volunteer, to do something that makes you feel like you're making a difference in the world. Beyond that, the most important thing I can think of is allowing yourself to dream.

I'm making another list or two today. I'm going to allow myself to dream big. Some of these things may be a little out there, but sometimes they need to be. Sometimes you have to have dreams you'll never accomplish, simply for the sake of having them. It's the act of letting your fancy fly that makes life more exciting. It will be even more awesome to accomplish some of the things that I list. Enjoy!

Dream Jobs:
  1. children's counselor with my current psychologist
  2. news anchor/reporter
  3. interior designer
  4. teacher
  5. florist
  6. cruise ship worker
  7. missionary
  8. model
  9. translator
  10. book store owner
Random Dreams:

  • design and build my own house
  • adopt a child from each continent
  • take a hot air balloon ride
  • go rock climbing
  • write a book
  • open my own store
  • travel to Italy

Now go make your own list! Seriously.

No comments:

Post a Comment